Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BC Day! I did it..kind of...

The big day had come. Big Chop day! I started to comb out my hair..and this is going to sound so bad but I was shocked at how much hair I have. It has been a long long time since I really gave my hair a good comb through. Don't get me wrong I would wash my hair, brush out the tangles and throw it in a ponytail but I never really paid much attention to my hair since having my son. My son is now a toddler LOL. So as I combed out my hair, my sister shrieked at the thought of me cutting it all off. We both examined my hair. I haven't had a relaxer in gosh..about 6 years. I considered my hair transitioned. I imagined my hair to be so unhealthy because of how traumatic the past months have been, I really haven't done the best job with taking care of myself. This hair on top of my head though, it wasn't disgustingly matted, uneven from breakage or anything else I had expected to see. So I opted out of the big chop. Please forgive me. Still I did chop off a good 2.5 inches.
Snip, snip, snip! It didn't hurt, in fact I had a smile on my face the whole time. I probably looked crazy. My sister started to get misty-eyed. Oh goodness. Still after I was finished, I felt good. I am at the beginning of a beautiful and healthy journey.  Check out the pics after the chop...


...and after a good wash..which by the way, had very minimal shedding. I can start to see the results already!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment