Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tomorrow is the Big Day!! BC DAY!

"Big Chop! Big Chop!"
I can hear it in my head. I am excited, nervous, anxious...READY! Hair, my goodness my hair. It has been my everything, my enemy, my confidence, my craze. It has prevented me from experiences, pushed me to gloat and also has been my crown and glory. Should it have this much power over me?? Then came the drama, and it was the first thing I neglected. My hair has been malnourished and I am ready to start fresh.

A couple of days after I decide I am at the point in my life where the BC is oh so necessary, I contemplated if the BC meant leaving 4", 2" or shaving it all. As the days drew closer, I decided I am not pretty enough to rock a short fro. I have to leave at least 4"-5". My hair is about 11". Who was that voice speaking in my head?!?! Of course I am pretty enough. Isn't that the whole point of this. I need to claim back the power I have given to this crown. Now, I am not saying I want to rock the short style forever..but I am tired of wearing the hair that isn't mine. I am tired of combing out my hair at the end of the day and cringing at the sound of neglect that comes from it. I am read for the healthy. I am ready for the real. Tomorrow is BC DAY! Can't wait. It is going to be liberating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment