Friday, August 24, 2012

I would say my curls look like...


What's my hair type, curl pattern, Number and Letter combo? LOL. My goodness. When I first started looking into other women's natural hair experiences, I was introduced to the term of "hair type" or  "curl pattern." I guess at first I really didn't think there was a significant difference or meaning to that difference. After looking into what products, hair regimens and hairstyles go best with natural hair, I also discovered it is helpful to know what your curl pattern is. My curl pattern is mixed. Although I have no relaxed, chemically treated hair on my head, not all of my hair has reversed back to my natural kinky curl.

I wore half wigs for 2 good years. I would use a flatiron on the front section of my hair everyday. Due to that constant manipulation, my hair in the front has lost some of its curl. The front section of my hair is 2c in some parts and a 2b in others. You can see this in the photo below:
Notice the strands that are more of a wavy pattern?

The middle and back sections of my hair are 4a and 3c...but mostly 4a. Geesh!! Sounds complicated. So I thought I would just sum it up as best I could and say the majority of my hair is a combination of 3c and 4a. Have you figured out your curl pattern yet??

xoxo
Ash

0 comments:

Post a Comment